Flip it: 10 best Pancake Day essentials
Be prepared for Shrove Tuesday this year with one of these handy pieces of kitchen equipment
Wednesday 26 February 2014
Shrove Tuesday was originally the last day of enjoying fatty foods before the ritual fasting of Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday. Pancakes became popular because they were a way to use up all those rich foods such as eggs, milk and sugar. Today, for many, the day’s become a good excuse to make great pancakes.
For the tastiest creations, you’ll need to be prepared, so we’ve found the best products for you to get started. All you will need is the ingredients. Even if your efforts at pancakes are always a flop, we have the solution – the Breville Traditional Crêpe Maker. Meanwhile, more confident crêpe creators will like M&S’s specialist pancake pan.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Kenwood kMix Standmixer won’t just make the best batter on earth, it will also be a lasting investment for your kitchen. For something cheaper, Eddington’s Lemon Squeezer is one of the simplest products in our round-up, yet it’s so good at its job that you’ll wonder how you ever got through Pancake Day without it.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Northern Lights in the UK: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve