Flip it: 10 best Pancake Day essentials
Be prepared for Shrove Tuesday this year with one of these handy pieces of kitchen equipment
Wednesday 26 February 2014
Shrove Tuesday was originally the last day of enjoying fatty foods before the ritual fasting of Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday. Pancakes became popular because they were a way to use up all those rich foods such as eggs, milk and sugar. Today, for many, the day’s become a good excuse to make great pancakes.
For the tastiest creations, you’ll need to be prepared, so we’ve found the best products for you to get started. All you will need is the ingredients. Even if your efforts at pancakes are always a flop, we have the solution – the Breville Traditional Crêpe Maker. Meanwhile, more confident crêpe creators will like M&S’s specialist pancake pan.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Kenwood kMix Standmixer won’t just make the best batter on earth, it will also be a lasting investment for your kitchen. For something cheaper, Eddington’s Lemon Squeezer is one of the simplest products in our round-up, yet it’s so good at its job that you’ll wonder how you ever got through Pancake Day without it.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'