Flip it: 10 best Pancake Day essentials
Be prepared for Shrove Tuesday this year with one of these handy pieces of kitchen equipment
Wednesday 26 February 2014
Shrove Tuesday was originally the last day of enjoying fatty foods before the ritual fasting of Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday. Pancakes became popular because they were a way to use up all those rich foods such as eggs, milk and sugar. Today, for many, the day’s become a good excuse to make great pancakes.
For the tastiest creations, you’ll need to be prepared, so we’ve found the best products for you to get started. All you will need is the ingredients. Even if your efforts at pancakes are always a flop, we have the solution – the Breville Traditional Crêpe Maker. Meanwhile, more confident crêpe creators will like M&S’s specialist pancake pan.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The Kenwood kMix Standmixer won’t just make the best batter on earth, it will also be a lasting investment for your kitchen. For something cheaper, Eddington’s Lemon Squeezer is one of the simplest products in our round-up, yet it’s so good at its job that you’ll wonder how you ever got through Pancake Day without it.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years