Owen Paterson, the Environment Secretary, was due to chair a meeting of the Government’s crisis committee Cobra in response to the bad weather and power cuts.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 12 April 1998
Thursday 19 February 1998
They took the drink away from Fitz, the fags away from Patsy and stopped the men behaving badly. So whatever will the Americans do to Basil and Sybil?
Tuesday 17 February 1998
Monday 02 February 1998
Wednesday 24 December 1997
Saturday 20 December 1997
Friday 12 December 1997
Tuesday 16 September 1997
Saturday 02 August 1997
Friday 25 July 1997
Thursday 10 July 1997
Monday 16 June 1997
Saturday 24 May 1997
Thursday 08 May 1997
Monday 24 February 1997
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 3 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers not to take part