Disney's Christmas offering took £4.7 million in its opening UK weekend
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 22 November 2010
Friday 06 August 2010
Theatre: I went to see my friend Hannah Stokely in 'After the Dance' at the National. It is a seldom-done Terence Rattigan play that I had never heard of, let alone seen before, and it is an absolutely sublime production. Han and I were at drama school together and were laughing about what a relief it is when a friend's show is good and you don't have to rehearse a believable compliment on the way up to the dressing room.
Monday 19 July 2010
Friday 09 July 2010
Friday 02 July 2010
He has given us zombies shambling through the streets of north London and incompetent cops living out their action-movie fantasies on Somerset lanes. Now Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright plans to introduce us to the universe's most evil ex-boyfriends in the much-anticipated summer comedy, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Wednesday 09 June 2010
Thirty years ago, Andrei Simoniovich Filipov, the renowned conductor of the Bolshoi orchestra, was fired for hiring Jewish musicians. Now a mere cleaning man at the Bolshoi, he learns by accident that the Châtelet Theater in Paris invites the Bolshoi orchestra to play there.
Friday 26 March 2010
Friday 12 March 2010
Friday 12 March 2010
Since 2008's magnificent Brighter Than Creation's Dark, Drive-By Truckers have released both a live album and a catch-up compilation of B-sides and outtakes, and continued their occasional alliances with soul legends by playing Booker T's back-up band on his Grammy-winning Potato Hole album. In other words, all the kinds of diversionary tactics usually practiced by bands short of new material.
Wednesday 03 February 2010
Thursday 10 December 2009
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial