5 best waterproof cameras
Don't let water stop you taking snaps with one of these machines that will take you from the sand to meters deep
Tuesday 29 July 2014
Whether you’re catching a wave off the coast of Hawaii, snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef or splashing about the pool with the family, a waterproof camera is fun bit of kit to add a new dimension to your holiday pictures
We've put a selection to the test in water and dry land - from Canon's established FT5 up to Nikon's beautifully crafted 1 AW1, here's our pick.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
GoPro continues to lead the market in terms of waterproof, adventure cameras; the HERO3+ is a great choice because of its seemingly endless versatility. If you’re looking for a slightly cheaper option, the Ricoh WG-4 is another brilliant piece of kit that gives you superb quality images in a tough, rugged design.
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 5 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach