Perfect match: 9 best online dating sites
With millions of us in the UK now looking for love online, the hard part is choosing which site to go for....
Monday 21 April 2014
The internet has been connecting people all over the world for twenty-five years, and online dating is becoming more and more common. If you’re looking to meet new people, have a whirlwind romance, or even find The One, but just haven’t managed to find them in your local boozer, it could be for you.
With over nine million people in the UK looking for love online in 2012 and nearly 1500 sites to choose from, the possibilities are endless. From established sites like match.com and eHarmony, to the new and unusual, like Tastebuds and Love Begins At, we’ve scoured the Internet to find the nine best dating sites to help you find love online. We’ll be awaiting our invites to the wedding.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re new to the world of online dating and want to test the waters before you part with your cash, OKCupid is the place to start. But for finding someone to share your tastes and interests with, Doing Something and Tastebuds both offer a different approach to online dating.
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship