10 best Christmas wreaths
A wreath will put the finishing touches to your Christmas. Choose from classic or contemporary rings to adorn your door this festive season
Monday 16 December 2013
1. White Company Silver Spray Wreath
Christmas wreaths don’t come more chic than this natural vine base, packed with willowy leaves that are dusted with a sparkly silver frost finish. It will look fabulous on a front door or as an interior decoration and there’s a stunning silver spray garland available to match.
2. Marks & Spencer Rustic Bauble Wreath
This simple and stylish twiggy wreath will suit more minimalist and contemporary homes or homes with neutral colours used in the decor. Be warned though — it’s quite fragile, but if you store it carefully, it should see you through many Christmases.
3. Real Flower Company Antique and Red Door Wreath
There’s nothing like a fresh Christmas wreath and this one, which is packed with antique, red and pink garden roses and fresh lavender, then finished with ribbon, is so lovely that you’re bound to be met with a smile whenever you open the door.
From £85, realflowers.co.uk
4. Cargo Red and Green Wreath
Cargo have some great wreaths this year in all shapes and colours, both contemporary and more conventional, and they’re good quality for the price.
5. John Lewis Holly Glitter Wreath
This glittering gold ring is a statement wreath. It manages to combine a minimalist look with a real festive feel and is ideal for anyone who wants something a bit different.
6. Great British Florist Red and Green Wreath
No fake foliage here. Just a beautiful door ring that’s packed with all kinds of berries, bay, rosemary, fir cones, eucalyptus, holly, ivy, mistletoe and crinkly willow. Wreaths will vary slightly, but rest assured there will be plenty of foraging and picking to ensure yours is utterly lovely.
From £25, greatbritishflorist.co.uk
7. Fortnum & Mason Traditional Christmas Wreath
This is a huge amount of money to fork out on a wreath, and you’ll need a big front door, but the aroma of Christmas will hit you before you’ve even opened the box, thanks to the fresh fur and spruce. And it will last you well into the new year.
8. Marks & Spencer Luxury Pine Cone Berry Wreath
This luxurious wreath looks its best on grand front doors, although it does work on smaller and less impressive ones too. Made primarily from natural pine cones, it also has lots of colour, thanks to faux berries and a red ribbon.
9. Nikki Tibbles Wild at Heart Classic Orange and Cinnamon Wreath
Combining two scents that are synonymous with Christmas, this boasts divine dried oranges, bunches of cinnamon, eucalyptus and pine cones to make a spectacularly full and beautifully smelling fresh wreath.
10. John Lewis Pine Wreath
This huge and unusual wreath is striking and particularly well suited to anyone who finds more traditional decorations a bit gaudy. It would work as well in place of a picture as it would over your front door.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
- 2 Ricky Gervais and Dame Judi Dench back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News