The 10 Best ice-cream machines
With sunshine (fingers crossed) on the way, we've got the scoop on the coolest ways to keep the family sweet this summer
Friday 06 July 2012
This machine is small in stature, but big on features and can produce two litres of ice cream, sorbet or frozen yoghurt in less than half an hour.
The Gelataio makes some serious noise, so it's a good job it can churn out a batch in half an hour or less. But the scrumptious results are worth it.
Ben & Jerry, eat your heart out. This ice cream maker whips up excellent, soft-scoop ice cream quickly and with very little noise. All in just 18 minutes.
Throw in your favourite ingredients and in as little as 20 minutes, you'll have silky-smooth ice cream – or, if you're feeling virtuous, low-calorie sorbets.
Brand new to the market this month, the Tefal Gelato boasts gel-canister technology, a 1.6-litre capacity, a transparent lid and a thermospot.
Whether you're a cookie-dough or caramel-swirl fan, this simple system makes up to 2.4 pints of delicious home-made ice cream within 40 minutes.
For a fully automatic ice cream maker, this is as good as it gets. It gives great, tasty, creamy results using simple controls.
Recreate favourite flavours or dream up new combinations with this machine, which gently churns and freezes to produce one and a half pints of ice cream.
Gaggia's neat, fully automatic ice cream maker produces well-mixed results. It's wonderfully quiet and can create multiple batches with ease.
You'll be amazed how easy it is to achieve gourmet-quality results with this fully automatic machine. It includes a generous 1.5-litre mixing bowl.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service