Get grilling: 10 best gas barbecues
Don’t want to wait hours for the coals to heat up? Try one of these efficient barbies next time you're cooking al fresco
Thursday 01 May 2014
Everyone loves a barbecue, but not everyone has time for the charcoal to reach optimum temperature. No wonder so many people end up with chicken that’s pink on the inside and black on the outside.
The solution? A gas barbecue. They're ready to cook as soon as you are. On the downside, gas barbecues tend to be more pricey than their charcoal-burning contemporaries. But there are deals to be had and the good ones will last you for many summers to come. We've tried and tested a selection; from Bodum's clever portable Fyrkat to Weber's top-of-the-range Spirit Premium Gourmet, there's something for all outdoor chefs.
The name Weber has become synonymous with barbecues and with good reason. We particularly love their Go Anywhere model, one of the few transportable gas barbecues around, while the Spirit Premium Gourmet S320 is as good as it gets for back garden barbecuing. After something more affordable for summer gatherings? The Outback Spectrum 3-Burner is a new model of an old favourite that just gets better and better.
2. Mastercook Classic 2 Burner, £60
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in