Get grilling: 10 best gas barbecues
Don’t want to wait hours for the coals to heat up? Try one of these efficient barbies next time you're cooking al fresco
Thursday 01 May 2014
Everyone loves a barbecue, but not everyone has time for the charcoal to reach optimum temperature. No wonder so many people end up with chicken that’s pink on the inside and black on the outside.
The solution? A gas barbecue. They're ready to cook as soon as you are. On the downside, gas barbecues tend to be more pricey than their charcoal-burning contemporaries. But there are deals to be had and the good ones will last you for many summers to come. We've tried and tested a selection; from Bodum's clever portable Fyrkat to Weber's top-of-the-range Spirit Premium Gourmet, there's something for all outdoor chefs.
The name Weber has become synonymous with barbecues and with good reason. We particularly love their Go Anywhere model, one of the few transportable gas barbecues around, while the Spirit Premium Gourmet S320 is as good as it gets for back garden barbecuing. After something more affordable for summer gatherings? The Outback Spectrum 3-Burner is a new model of an old favourite that just gets better and better.
2. Mastercook Classic 2 Burner, £60
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 5 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland