Get grilling: 10 best gas barbecues
Don’t want to wait hours for the coals to heat up? Try one of these efficient barbies next time you're cooking al fresco
Thursday 01 May 2014
Everyone loves a barbecue, but not everyone has time for the charcoal to reach optimum temperature. No wonder so many people end up with chicken that’s pink on the inside and black on the outside.
The solution? A gas barbecue. They're ready to cook as soon as you are. On the downside, gas barbecues tend to be more pricey than their charcoal-burning contemporaries. But there are deals to be had and the good ones will last you for many summers to come. We've tried and tested a selection; from Bodum's clever portable Fyrkat to Weber's top-of-the-range Spirit Premium Gourmet, there's something for all outdoor chefs.
The name Weber has become synonymous with barbecues and with good reason. We particularly love their Go Anywhere model, one of the few transportable gas barbecues around, while the Spirit Premium Gourmet S320 is as good as it gets for back garden barbecuing. After something more affordable for summer gatherings? The Outback Spectrum 3-Burner is a new model of an old favourite that just gets better and better.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'