10 best bucket and spade sets
Keep kids (and big kids) busy on the beach with these sets that will help to sculpt sandy creations
Monday 04 August 2014
Keep the kids occupied at the beach this summer with a good, old-fashioned bucket and spade. We’ve tried and tested a range for all ages and budgets. From Mothercare’s small and simple bucket sets, ideal for babies and toddlers, up to Chad Valley’s 25-piece for sand-sculpting en masse, here’s our verdict on the best out there.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For the ultimate sandcastle display, complete with a detailed fortress, landscape, and even a moat, we like the Ecoiffier Castle Bucket set. If you’re going away with a larger group, the Chad Valley 25 piece set will provide everyone with something to do while Not on the High Street’s Beach Kit Crab is quirky, cool and chemical-free.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Douglas Carswell tells Ukip to stop blaming foreigners as youth poll shows Nigel Farage is even less popular than Nick Clegg
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real