Founded in 1799, fragrance brand Atkinsons of London is relaunching after hibernation, says Emma Akbareian
Beauty And Welfare
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 23 July 2012
What we love, we're not sure about, we're buying and can't wait for...
Sunday 01 July 2012
Emma Townshend knows which one she prefers, even though they’re exactly the same flower...
Saturday 28 April 2012
A dozen poets were given anonymous scents from which they had to write a poem. Meanwhile, six perfumers were asked to come up with a new fragrance inspired by a poem.
Friday 10 February 2012
Sunday 15 January 2012
Despite the protagonist's years of suffering, this evocative prison story is a testament to the endurance of love and hope
Wednesday 21 December 2011
Burberry is reviewing its 20-plus-year licence with France's Inter Parfums which makes all its fragrance and beauty products.
Saturday 18 June 2011
From Miller Harris to Tom Ford, Beth Dadswell picks sexy scents and classic perfumes for men and women
Friday 03 June 2011
When it appeared on screens earlier this year, the BBC's adaptation of Michel Faber's 2002 novel, The Crimson Petal and the White won an army of fans.
Friday 20 May 2011
Leah Capaldi's performance piece involves two actors at a time (one female, one male), who will each be sprayed with a whole bottle of Chanel Allure or Allure Pour Homme. They will walk among visitors at The Tramshed in London, as part of an exhibition of work, by this year's five shortlisted artists for The Catlin Art Prize – taken from The Catlin Guide, an annual survey of the 40 most promising art graduates.
Tuesday 03 May 2011
Saturday 30 October 2010
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis