Father’s Day is coming. Yes, it often feels those who can’t decide between buying socks and booze (both original and ground-breaking gifts by the way) with absolute dread – but (!) as per usual, we’re here to solve your problems: subscription boxes.
Whether there’s a man in your life who loves beer, can’t wait to get stuck into a new book, enjoys the colourful delight of a kaleidoscopic floral or has an unhealthy stationery obsession, these boxes will offer them a new delivery each month bursting with fresh, new and original nick nacks. Delivered straight to their door, you won’t even need to worry about wrapping the stuff either – a very major bonus in our books.
First up, what are the best monthly subscription boxes to nab? It’s a difficult question to answer, but if we’re honest, you’ll want to shop from people who offer variety, a dash of intrigue and those that operate on more sustainable lines (boxed home deliveries, after all, come with a massive carbon footprint).
Whether you are buying for yourself, or for someone else, start off with picking a box based on your or their interests – you can’t go wrong with food for example – and those that champion local and indie businesses that diverge from the mainstream. Trust us, the more you investigate what you’re buying first will make sure you get what you pay for.
From florals delivered straight to your door, to posh shaving kits, beer and book delivery services and a rather mean bunch of cocktails, here’s our edit of the best subscription boxes for men right now.
You can trust our independent reviews. We may earn commission from some of the retailers, but we never allow this to influence selections, which are formed from real-world testing and expert advice. This revenue helps us to fund journalism across The Independent.
These are the best men’s subscription boxes for 2021:
- Best overall – Cuvée Privée wine subscription: £140, Cuvee-privee.co.uk
- Best for green-fingered types – Bloombox Club: £35, Bloomboxclub.com
- Best for glowing skin – Birchbox: £10, Birchbox.co.uk
- Best for workaholics in need of a break – Stir-UP: £34.95, Stir-up.com
- Best for a mood boost – Bloom & Wild: £20, Bloomandwild.com
- Best for the fashion conscious – Thread: £100, Threads.com
- Best for organic-loving foodies – Abel & Cole: £14.25, Abelandcole.co.uk
- Best for the gadget obsessive – Gadget discovery box: £22, Gadgetdiscoveryclub.com
- Best for guys who ruin their socks – The London Sock Exchange: £20, Thelondonsockexchange.net
- Best for the sweet tooth – Hotel Chocolat Subscription service: £13, Hotelchocolat.com
- Best for grooming – The Personal Barber: £24.95, Thepersonalbarber.com
- Best for pasta connoisseurs – Pasta Evangelists: £8.50, Pastaevangelists.com
- Best for stationery lovers – Papergang: £14, Papergang.com
- Best for the footie-crazed – Box-to-box football shirts: £39.99, Boxtobox.uk
- Best for booze and literature – Books + Beer: £13.50, Booksplusbeer.com