Is ‘Blue is the Warmest Colour’ merely art-porn? No, says Ellen E Jones, who defends the cinematic cause célèbre
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 25 July 2013
But Billionaire Clive Palmer's monsters mustn't roar too loudly
Friday 28 June 2013
Where are you now and what can you see?
Thursday 13 June 2013
The media goes wild as Kate names a new cruise ship
Sunday 09 June 2013
James Cameron has directed the two largest-grossing films ever, ‘Avatar’ and ‘Titanic’. Read some of the statistics for the two below:
Friday 31 May 2013
Out of ideas for a dinner party? Why not serve up a dish made out of the heads of two children stewed in their own blood encased in a pie-crust of their ground down bones? Such is the notoriously grisly fare of Shakespeare's revenge tragedy Titus Andronicus and, in a cheeky nod to the play's nasty nosh, two chefs at the RSC's Rooftop Restaurant in Stratford-upon-Avon have devised a Titus Andronicus-themed pie with a steak and KIDney (boom boom) filling as a culinary accompaniment to the RSC's new production.
Monday 29 April 2013
Sheridan Smith and Olivia Colman are to star as rivals for the affections of a middle-aged man who is stuck in a rut in a new BBC1 drama.
Tuesday 19 March 2013
News anchor accepts proposal live on air
'Anything will sink if you put a hole in it': Australian billionaire plays down 'unsinkable' reports as he unveils blueprints for Titanic II - an exact replica of the doomed original
Wednesday 27 February 2013
Finnish designers are not quite so cautious however, billing Titanic II as 'the safest cruise ship in the world'
Monday 11 February 2013
This navel gazing film from Richard Linklater is witty and well written but tries too hard to give the illusion of spontaneity
Sunday 27 January 2013
Saturday 19 January 2013
1. Which philosopher (1889-1951) said: "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent"?
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness