8 best outdoor wood burners
Whether you’re after a decorative chiminea, a striking firepit or a burner that doubles up as a BBQ, Giles Bidder finds a garden warmer for the job
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Bring some warmth to your summer evenings in the garden and reduce your carbon footprint with eco-friendly, log-fuelled garden warmth.
There’s a wealth of styles and looks — from Gardeco's jaunty iron chimenea, to Novo's simple and modern fire basket — and we found the best and most affordable on the market.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The steel wood burner is a prime choice with its easy-to-use appeal and simplicity. While the Tortuga clay chiminea has a traditional aesthetic that’s hard to beat, with its homely design.
Read more: 10 best patio heaters
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years