8 best outdoor wood burners
Whether you’re after a decorative chiminea, a striking firepit or a burner that doubles up as a BBQ, Giles Bidder finds a garden warmer for the job
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Bring some warmth to your summer evenings in the garden and reduce your carbon footprint with eco-friendly, log-fuelled garden warmth.
There’s a wealth of styles and looks — from Gardeco's jaunty iron chimenea, to Novo's simple and modern fire basket — and we found the best and most affordable on the market.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The steel wood burner is a prime choice with its easy-to-use appeal and simplicity. While the Tortuga clay chiminea has a traditional aesthetic that’s hard to beat, with its homely design.
Read more: 10 best patio heaters
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 3 How much sex should I be having?
- 4 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
- 5 Betting company 'refuse to pay' after student wins £1,000 from 50p bet on Roger Federer