8 best outdoor wood burners
Whether you’re after a decorative chiminea, a striking firepit or a burner that doubles up as a BBQ, Giles Bidder finds a garden warmer for the job
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Bring some warmth to your summer evenings in the garden and reduce your carbon footprint with eco-friendly, log-fuelled garden warmth.
There’s a wealth of styles and looks — from Gardeco's jaunty iron chimenea, to Novo's simple and modern fire basket — and we found the best and most affordable on the market.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The steel wood burner is a prime choice with its easy-to-use appeal and simplicity. While the Tortuga clay chiminea has a traditional aesthetic that’s hard to beat, with its homely design.
Read more: 10 best patio heaters
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years