8 best outdoor wood burners
Whether you’re after a decorative chiminea, a striking firepit or a burner that doubles up as a BBQ, Giles Bidder finds a garden warmer for the job
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Bring some warmth to your summer evenings in the garden and reduce your carbon footprint with eco-friendly, log-fuelled garden warmth.
There’s a wealth of styles and looks — from Gardeco's jaunty iron chimenea, to Novo's simple and modern fire basket — and we found the best and most affordable on the market.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
The steel wood burner is a prime choice with its easy-to-use appeal and simplicity. While the Tortuga clay chiminea has a traditional aesthetic that’s hard to beat, with its homely design.
Read more: 10 best patio heaters
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat