There’s plenty to love about the local boozer, but, let’s face it, the landlord’s a miserable git. So, let dad enjoy a pint in peace by gifting him this gadget from Beer Hawk, which will allow him to pour himself the perfect pint and even choose the temperature at which his favourite tipple’s served.
Or, maybe, in the lounge, barricading the drinks cabinet before Auntie Veronica arrives. Whatever the scenario, he should be rewarded for keeping the festivities on track, by having some gifts waiting for him under the tree, to make his Christmas Day.
However, we know dads aren’t all made the same and not everyone lives for footy and beer, although we’ve definitely catered for those dads too. So, we searched long and hard to find some gasp-inducing gifts that are a cut above what he would usually expect at this time of year.
Some pressies won’t take much wrapping and will fit nicely under the tree, while you’ll need to get a bit more inventive with how you keep some of our other suggestions a secret until Christmas morning. What they all have in common, however, is the ability to challenge his childhood Action Man jeep for title of best Christmas present ever.
From food to fitness, tech to travel, we’ve tried to provide plenty of inspiration, so it should take some of the guesswork out of your gifting, and, with the big day now on the horizon, we’ve curated a comprehensive list for the often-overlooked member of the family, no matter what he’s into, so you should be able to tick him off your list early this year.
How we tested
All the products that made it through to our final edit have either been tested by us throughout the year, or have caught our eye ever since we started thinking about how to reward the army of dads who deserve more than a hastily wrapped, re-gifted bottle of plonk. We have tried to keep the gift ideas as varied as possible, but what they all have in common is that we have drunk, worn, cooked on, read, ridden, and just generally played around with everything on the list, so we know it won’t disappoint on the day.
The best gifts for dad for Christmas 2022 are:
- Best for happy hour – Beerhawk PerfectDraft pro: £302.90, Beerhawk.co.uk
- Best for braving the elements – Thru Dark engage jacket: £375, Thrudark.com
- Best blow-out gift – Broil King crown 490: £899, Bedsbbq.co.uk
- Best for pulling at the table – Camden Town Brewery Camden cracker: £10, Camdentownbrewery.com
- Best for lounging dads – Comatoes Malmoes slippers: £44.99, Iamcomatoes.co.uk
- Best stocking filler – 100 Things to do with Dad wallchart: £12.99, Amazon.co.uk
- Best for dandy dads – Percival T-shirt: £32, Percivalclo.com
- Best for bookworm dads – ‘The Good Drinker’ by Adrian Chiles, published by Profile Books: £10.81, Amazon.co.uk
- Best for dad dudes – Pendleton original westerley sweater: £335, Pendletonwoolenmills.eu
- Best for exhausted dads – Carrera impel im-3 electric hybrid bike: £1,499, Halfords.com
- Best for barista dads – The Morning Machine capsule coffee maker: £349, Drinkmorning.co.uk
- Best for hacking dad’s health – Withings ScanWatch horizon: £499.95, Withings.com
- Best for footy dads – Clive Tyldesley commentary charts: £20, Commentarycharts.com
- Best for dadbods – TRX home2 system: £179.95, Trxtraining.eu
- Best for dad’s duvet days – M&S fleece supersoft hooded dressing gown: £45, Marksandspencer.com
- Best for adventurous dads – Jetboil MiniMo cooking system: £144, Gooutdoors.co.uk
- Best for travelling dads – Yeti crossroads 22in luggage: £350, Yeti.com
- Best for sofa-based dads – Sky Glass: £36 monthly, £10 up front, Sky.com
- Best for the sock drawer – Pantherella stalbridge cashmere socks: £45, Pantherella.com
- Best for music-lovers who like it loud – Marshall willen wireless speaker: £89.99, Marshallheadphones.com
- Best for Apple dads – Belkin MagSafe 3-in-1 wireless charger: £137.45, Amazon.co.uk
- Best for dad dens – WiZ pole floor light: £110.88, Amazon.co.uk
- Best for daddy cool – SunGod tempests: £65, Sungod.co
- Best for disorganised dads – Bellroy Tokyo work bag: £165, Bellroy.com