This three-in-one transition seat has it all. A comfy rocker for the early newborn days, a natural bouncer for baby to get some energy out and a chair for them to sit and take in the world around them. Our baby isn’t much of a fan of being laid down these days, and she absolutely loved how upright she was able to sit, while playing with a toy or watching some sensory TV. The five-point harness is very robust and we felt safe that our baby was secure, even when in the most upright position.
Once you bring your lovely new baby home from the hospital you’ll soon find you are having to do a fair amount of things one-handed.
But when you need two hands, or you simply just need a minute to relax, a baby bouncer can be a great addition to your arsenal.
Also known as rockers, they provide a safe and secure environment for your little one to rest, be soothed or even entertained while you get a few things done. There’s a variety of options out there though, some can be motion powered with batteries, or provide natural bouncing via the baby’s own expended energy.
That said, not all of them will suit every baby depending on what kind of motion they prefer. Do you want something that plays music, or one that is super silent to soothe your baby? Some parents will want to find something space-saving, as we all know that those tiny babies come with a lot of stuff!
Finally, there’s the question of price. You can grab a real bargain, or pay top dollar for all the bells and whistles. Ultimately it comes down to personal choice.
How we tested
We tested all bouncers and rockers with a five-month-old baby who is not yet sitting independently. We tried each bouncer both when our baby was happy to play, and also when sleepier and wanting to rest. All bouncers are reviewed on their features, comfortability, value, safety and longevity. We looked at several price ranges and a good spread of battery-operated and natural bouncers, rockers and transition seats.
The best baby bouncers for 2023 are:
- Best overall – Aden + Anais transition seat baby bouncer and rocker: £140.25, Thehut.com
- Best for value – BabaBing! float baby bouncer: £32.99, Bababing.com
- Best for newborns – Stokke steps bouncer: £159, Stokke.com
- Best for natural bouncing – BabyBjörn bouncer bliss: £210, Babybjorn.co.uk
- Best for space saving – Nested gravity baby bouncer: £49.99, Smythstoys.com
- Best for longevity – Nuna leaf grow: £260, Naturalbabyshower.co.uk
- Best for a cozy seat – Maxi-Cosi kori rocker: £99.99, Maxi-cosi.co.uk
- Best for the best of both – Joie dreamer rocker and bouncer: £75, Boots.com
- Best for stimulating the senses – Mamas and Papas capella baby bouncer cradle: £55.20, Mamasandpapas.com