A firm favourite in the beauty industry and one of the OG lash serums, this is the one to beat. Revitalash works by slowing down the growth cycle so that they stay at fuller-length for longer. With one swipe across a dry lash line at night, the brand says you can potentially see a difference in a couple of weeks.
Lustrous, fluttery lashes have always been a beauty holy grail. While the traditional route to getting them has been promise-all mascaras or extensions, more recently, however, we’ve seen a slew of eyelash serums with promising claims.
But one thing to note is that, sadly, this isn’t an overnight experiment. To really see any change, you do have to commit to see any results, and get into the habit of applying it routinely (keeping it by your bedside table is a good idea to help jog your memory.)
And because each person reacts differently to them, some might see results faster than others – though as a ballpark, three months (our lashes have a 90-day cycle) is a good time to look back at your progress.
One way of making sure you’re seeing a difference, is to take a profile shot before and after picture – comparing in monthly intervals. And thing to bear in mind, they tend to work with continual usage – so if you stop using it entirely, the results might not stick around.
Another thing to note is that our eyes, and the skin around it, is extra sensitive, so even if a product is hypoallergenic, stop if you notice any irritation and consult your doctor.
How we tested
We tested a number of eyelash serums over the period of many months to see how efficacious each one was. Above all we were looking for glossier, healthier lashes, with added length as a bonus.
The best eyelash serums for 2022 are:
- Best for an eyelash serum – RevitaLash advanced: £89, Cultbeauty.co.uk
- Best for a budget buy – RapidLash eyelash enhancing serum: £31.99, Lookfantastic.com
- Best for false-lash wearers – Elizabeth Arden prevage clinical lash and brow enhancing serum: £92, Elizabetharden.co.uk
- Best for multi-tasking – Vichy liftactiv anti-aging serum 10 eyes and lashes: £28, Boots.com
- Best for a hypoallergenic formula – No7 lash impact serum: £16.95, Boots.com
- Best for lash-extension wearers – L'Oreal Paris clinically proven lash serum: £14.99, Lookfantastic.com
- Best for sparse lashes – UKlash eyelash conditioning serum: £37.85, Feelunique.com
- Best for fast results – Indeed Labs peptalash: £24.99, Feelunique.com
- Best for dry lashes – Lancôme cils booster activating serum: £29.60, Feelunique.com
- Best for vegans – Luna Nectar the moon boost tonic for lashes and brows: £56.95, Lunanectar.com