The 10 Best children's book sets
Keep boredom at bay on long journeys or dull afternoons this summer with pages and pages of fiction, fantasy and fun
Tuesday 21 August 2012
1. Famous Five Classic 21 book box set
Transport little ones into a world of adventure with Enid Blyton's books. With lovely artwork, this is perfect to pass down to generations.
2. Mr Men: A Story for Every Day of the Week
A neat little collection of board books, so save them for younger children who are just starting to show an interest in books.
3. Roald Dahl's Glorious Galumptious Story Collection
Five absolutely fizz-whizzing classic books by the best-loved children's writer Roald Dahl feature in this fantastic collection.
4. Usborne Very First Reading Set
If you want a great set of reading books for little'uns who have just started learning to read, look no further. This is inspired.
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Jeff Kinney is up there with JK Rowling as one of the best children's authors of our time. No wonder nearly 50 million of these books have been sold worldwide.
6. Charlie and Lola: My Especially Busy Box of Books
Join Charlie and Lola as they giggle their way through a typical fun day. There are four mini board books in the set.
7. My Alfie collection
Introduce young minds to the joys of Shirley Hughes' Alfie with this great-value set, containing the first four storybooks. Children will love Alfie's adventures.
8. Oxford Children's Classic box set
Some of the most unforgettable children's tales have been brought together, such as The Secret Garden.
9. Harry Potter Signature hardback boxed set
This gift box provides kids with the first opportunity to own all the Harry Potter titles in hardback.
10. The World of Peter Rabbit – The Complete Collection of Original Tales
This satisfying set celebrates 110 years since The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond