The 10 Best children's book sets
Keep boredom at bay on long journeys or dull afternoons this summer with pages and pages of fiction, fantasy and fun
Tuesday 21 August 2012
1. Famous Five Classic 21 book box set
Transport little ones into a world of adventure with Enid Blyton's books. With lovely artwork, this is perfect to pass down to generations.
2. Mr Men: A Story for Every Day of the Week
A neat little collection of board books, so save them for younger children who are just starting to show an interest in books.
3. Roald Dahl's Glorious Galumptious Story Collection
Five absolutely fizz-whizzing classic books by the best-loved children's writer Roald Dahl feature in this fantastic collection.
4. Usborne Very First Reading Set
If you want a great set of reading books for little'uns who have just started learning to read, look no further. This is inspired.
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Jeff Kinney is up there with JK Rowling as one of the best children's authors of our time. No wonder nearly 50 million of these books have been sold worldwide.
6. Charlie and Lola: My Especially Busy Box of Books
Join Charlie and Lola as they giggle their way through a typical fun day. There are four mini board books in the set.
7. My Alfie collection
Introduce young minds to the joys of Shirley Hughes' Alfie with this great-value set, containing the first four storybooks. Children will love Alfie's adventures.
8. Oxford Children's Classic box set
Some of the most unforgettable children's tales have been brought together, such as The Secret Garden.
9. Harry Potter Signature hardback boxed set
This gift box provides kids with the first opportunity to own all the Harry Potter titles in hardback.
10. The World of Peter Rabbit – The Complete Collection of Original Tales
This satisfying set celebrates 110 years since The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more