10 best statement rings
Banish subtle and delicate digital decoration in favour of striking pieces on your fingers
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 28 August 2014
If you're looking for a ring that makes an impact, try one of these beauties. From New Look's ornate blue stone piece (£4.99) up to Militza Ortiz's water-inspired piece (£165), we've found jewellery for all budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a ring that's striking, goes with everything, and you'll get change from a tenner, try Accessorize's Smooth Operator. If you've got a little more to spend, Toosis' bold turquoise and coral ring will make an impact, or if bling's your thing, try Gemporia's fruit-themed Nova made from ethically-sourced gem stones.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'