10 best statement rings
Banish subtle and delicate digital decoration in favour of striking pieces on your fingers
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She's Content Producer and online fashion writer. In the past, she's worked in different areas across the website, including editor of mobile app Independent Plus.
Thursday 28 August 2014
If you're looking for a ring that makes an impact, try one of these beauties. From New Look's ornate blue stone piece (£4.99) up to Militza Ortiz's water-inspired piece (£165), we've found jewellery for all budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a ring that's striking, goes with everything, and you'll get change from a tenner, try Accessorize's Smooth Operator. If you've got a little more to spend, Toosis' bold turquoise and coral ring will make an impact, or if bling's your thing, try Gemporia's fruit-themed Nova made from ethically-sourced gem stones.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Chaos breaks out in courtroom as father attacks killer of three-year-old daughter
- 5 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party