10 best statement rings
Banish subtle and delicate digital decoration in favour of striking pieces on your fingers
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Thursday 28 August 2014
If you're looking for a ring that makes an impact, try one of these beauties. From New Look's ornate blue stone piece (£4.99) up to Militza Ortiz's water-inspired piece (£165), we've found jewellery for all budgets.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For a ring that's striking, goes with everything, and you'll get change from a tenner, try Accessorize's Smooth Operator. If you've got a little more to spend, Toosis' bold turquoise and coral ring will make an impact, or if bling's your thing, try Gemporia's fruit-themed Nova made from ethically-sourced gem stones.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo