10 best accessories for making cocktails
Bellini, mojito, daiquiri – whatever your cocktail of choice, we’ve got the kit you need to recreate it at home
Monday 16 June 2014
If you love the taste of that martini but hate the price, or you just fancy getting creative with what’s in your spirits cabinet, making your own is a great option.
Whether you want to recreate your favourite step-by-step, search out the perfect recipe to suit your dinner party menu, or just make it up as you go along with whatever’s in the cupboard, all you need is a few bits of essential kit to get you going.
From jiggers and shakers (not dance moves) to fruit straws and Kilner jars, we’ve searched out the best cocktail making accessories to help you create the ideal tipple for your classy soiree or a colourful garden party.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
If you’re already a seasoned cocktail maker looking to add some character to your drinks, we recommend that you pop a colourful straw into a Kilner jar. But if you’re just starting out, John Lewis’ three piece cocktail set is the essential first purchase – after the spirits, obviously.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 2 What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
- 3 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 4 Black teen in critical condition after store employee 'shoots him for stealing 79-cent pack of cookies'
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers