We think this is the ultimate personalised gift, that will have most mums beaming from ear to ear. Whenever we’ve worn our necklace during testing, it’s been admired and several friends have asked us to give their husband a hint they’d like one too. What higher praise is there than that? The necklace is sterling silver, and you can opt for rose or yellow gold plating. We plumped for three rings, one in each colour. And you can choose what’s engraved on each ring, from names to meaningful dates. There’s also the option to choose from clear or black text finish, and you can pick the chain length too.
Mother’s Day falls on 19 March this year and with not long to go, we’re on-hand to help you out with any last minute gift-buying this week. We’ve helpfully featured a wide range of products mums are sure to love, including gifts that are also available with next day delivery.
There are millions of mums, mums-to-be, grandmas and mother-in-laws out there who deserve a big thumbs up and a thank you on this special day.
We could reel off a list of things mums do for their families, but you know yourselves what the maternal figures in your life do. So, instead, we’ve put together a list of the best gifts for mums this Mother’s Day.
Whether you’re shopping for your mum, your children’s mum, your grandmother, a mum-to-be or someone who is like a mum to you – we’ve got present ideas covered so you can focus on getting something they’ll truly love.
From perfume, make-up and clothing to something boozy or chocolatey, the first rule of gift giving is to consider the giftee’s tastes and interests. Don’t think about what you’d like, or grab something generic. Truly think about what would make them smile, and you’ll be on to a winner.
There’s no one rule for what makes a great gift for Mother’s Day. Personal tokens and practical gifts are all in the running. A meaningful, thoughtful gift can fall into either category and this has very much ruled us while compiling this round-up. You no doubt want to make your leading women feel cherished, so, allow us to be your fairy godmothers and help you do just that with these best last-minute Mother’s Day gifts for 2023.
How we tested
We are practiced Mother’s Day gift givers, with – ahem – several decades of experience. We are also Mother’s Day gift receivers, so we’ve got that side covered too. During testing, we also asked mums we know what they’d like to receive for Mother’s Day, and talked to lots of different generations about what they like to give and receive on Mothering Sunday.
Every single thing on this list has been extensively tested to check it meets our high standards. The process had us sizing up a plethora of gifting options for different mother figures with different interests. Ultimately, we wanted gifts for all budgets that would make the receiver smile. These are the best Mother’s Day gifts we think fit the bill.
The best Mother’s Day gifts for 2023 are:
- Best Mother’s Day gift overall – Posh Totty Designs personalised mini Russian ring necklace: £69, Poshtottydesigns.com
- Best tech (and beauty) gift – The Light Salon boost LED face mask: £395, Selfridges.com
- Best gift for their first Mother’s Day – JoJo Maman Bebe little Dutch memory box: £27.95, Jojomamanbebe.co.uk
- Best gift for mums-to-be – Tutti Bambini cozee air bedside crib: £208, Amazon.co.uk
- Best gift for less than £10 – Next pink floral printed mug: £7, Next.co.uk
- Best personalised gift – Meminio memory case: £160, Meminio.com
- Best foodie gift – Brindisa artisan selection box: £95, Brindisa.com
- Best experience gift – SpaBreaks.com voucher: From £10, Spabreaks.com
- Best last-minute gift - Nio letterbox cocktails: £19.50, Niococktails.co.uk