10 best nut spreads
Whether you’re a smooth operator or out to crunch, spice up your knife with our selection of delicious toppings
Sunday 27 July 2014
An American staple that’s a British favourite, too, peanut butter is the sandwich filler of choice in may a household. But now it’s possible to explore a whole range of nut spreads from a liquid pistachio paste to a crunchy cashew butter. We sampled jars and jars to bring you the best. So if you want to go organic or even want a nut butter that doesn’t contain nuts, take a look at our top ten.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For that classic all-American taste, nothing beats the rich and creamy Skippy, while for those on a health kick the Whole Earth and Equal Exchange peanut butters taste great and do you good, too. If you fancy something a little different why not try Damiano’s Roasted Almond Butter, while Bulk Powder’s Cashew Butter is great for eating and cooking. Sun-Pat’s new tasty Rich Roast show that the future looks promising, too.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed