10 best nut spreads
Whether you’re a smooth operator or out to crunch, spice up your knife with our selection of delicious toppings
Sunday 27 July 2014
An American staple that’s a British favourite, too, peanut butter is the sandwich filler of choice in may a household. But now it’s possible to explore a whole range of nut spreads from a liquid pistachio paste to a crunchy cashew butter. We sampled jars and jars to bring you the best. So if you want to go organic or even want a nut butter that doesn’t contain nuts, take a look at our top ten.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
For that classic all-American taste, nothing beats the rich and creamy Skippy, while for those on a health kick the Whole Earth and Equal Exchange peanut butters taste great and do you good, too. If you fancy something a little different why not try Damiano’s Roasted Almond Butter, while Bulk Powder’s Cashew Butter is great for eating and cooking. Sun-Pat’s new tasty Rich Roast show that the future looks promising, too.
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards