Independent TV

Showing now | Lifestyle

Footagt shows how quickly a child's halloween costume can catch fire

00:29

Fire service demonstrates how quickly a child’s Halloween costume can catch fire

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service have shared a distressing video showing just how quickly a child’s Halloween costume can go up in flames.

In the footage, a firefighter sets the costume alight, as it bursts into a fireball within seconds, before quickly being put out again.

In 2015, TV presenter Claudia Winkleman’s daughter Matilda was burned in a Halloween costume and now she’s campaigning for safety.

“I would like parents on Halloween to think about what they’re going to put their kids in because I didn’t, and it cost us,” she warned.

Click here to sign up for our newsletters.

Up next